- My brother was in town (though miraculously he avoided all of my pictures) and he makes everything more fun.
- Sweet tea parties are more fun when you make custom Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka cocktails for everyone.
- Little favors (tea bag and sweetener) go a long way
- Babies make parties hilarious.
- There is nothing better than singing happy birthday extremely loudly and watching someone you love blow out the candles.
- Spring is finally here and it makes me so very glad.
- I drove about 3 miles with more balloons in my car than should reasonably fit but I made it.
- Grandpa takes the most hilarious pictures (hiding behind napkins and making faces).
- It rained on Saturday but we played lawn games on Sunday instead.
- I really love my friends and family.
- Sometimes mom and I like to be tourists in our own city, so we did just that after we dropped of Kevin at the bus.
- Miemo’s macarons were the most delicious Mother’s Day present. My mom went nuts over the lemon flavor!
There are times in life you remember how lucky you are. For me, last weekend was full of those little moments.
Before heading to Beth’s engagement party on Saturday night, we stopped at my mom’s house to see my brother and sister-in-law who were in town (for a different engagement party). While Kev and Kathy were getting dressed we were playing with all of my puppies. It’s ok, Zeus thinks he is a dog. 🙂
My mom has 4 dogs, a cat, several turtles, and fish. The puppies as I still call them are all 14 now (except Oscar who was adopted) and it’s so crazy to think how much of my life they have seen. I remember seeing Macy be born and here is my sweet girl so many years later!
We all headed off to our parties around the same time and Josh and I had a BLAST at Beth and Nate’s engagement party. Despite the fact that we arrived at 7 when the party started at 5:30… and we were worried we were going to be too early… it was so fun for me to get to know Nate and Beth better.
Beth and Josh are best friends from high school and I love hanging out with her. It’s easy to tell why she is such an important part of Josh’s life!
Ahhhh Sunday. I spent most of the day watching TV and napping. As Grandpa guessed, I had ‘too good a time’ at the party haha.
Josh was busy though taking Beth and Nate’s engagement shots (which are soooooo gorgeous! I’ll share when they are done!) and visiting his parents. By the time he got to my place, he promptly fell asleep while I baked and practiced for church.
It was a lovely weekend.