Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread (or muffins)
Makes 4-5 dozen muffins (depending on how large you want them) or 2 loaves
Adapted from this recipe.
Labels c/o Tiny Prints
1 cup real butter (salted)
3 cups sugar
3 1/3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
4 teaspoons ginger
1/2 teaspoon cloves
2/3 cup water
2 cups real pumpkin (from a pumpkin… this is my secret ingredient!)
1 regular-sized bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Mix wet ingredients with electric beaters in a large bowl – butter, sugar, and eggs. Note: The other ingredients will eventually be added to this bowl, so this one is the biggest you’ll need.
2. Put all the dry ingredients into a separate, large-ish bowl and mix lightly with a spoon – flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, cloves.
3. Add half of the dry ingredients, 1/3 cup water and 1 cup of the pumpkin to the wet mixture and beat it together.
4. When that is mixed, add the rest of the dry ingredients, the last 1/3 cup of water and the remaining 1 cup of pumpkin and beat till completely combined.
5. Stir in the chocolate chips (whole bag!) with a spoon.
6. Pour into lined muffin tins or greased loaf pans and bake at 350.
7. Bake muffins for 15-18 minutes. Bake loaves for 45min to an hour.