I have been making a lot of cupcakes lately. This is mainly because I’ve taken it upon myself to bake a batch for everyone on my small work team when they have a birthday. I also happen to have two colleagues who are gluten-free.
This recipe for double chocolate Nutella cupcakes was a crowd favorite… especially the icing. I’m serious. Go make it right now!
Gluten-free Chocolate Cupcakes
Makes 12 regular-sized cupcakes
Based on this recipe
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup all-purpose gluten free flour mix
- 1/8 tsp chia seeds
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 3/8 cup warm water
- 3/8 cup buttermilk
- 1.5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 and line your cupcake tins with liners (12).
- Combine dry ingredients in a large bowl and mix.
- Add egg, water, buttermilk, coconut oil, and vanilla to the dry ingredients.
- Mix it all up until it looks like it’s one batter.
- Spoon into liners until 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- 1 cup unsalted butter, room temp
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 4 ounces dark chocolate chips, melted and cooled
- 1/3 cup Nutella
- 1 table spoon cream or milk
- Beat butter and sugar for about a minute then add in the vanilla.
- Add the melted chocolate and keep beating.
- Lastly add the Nutella and milk and beat until done.