The weekend was busy and glorious. We had much to celebrate with mom’s 60th birthday party, my future mother-in-law’s birthday and Mother’s Day all wrapped into 36 hours.
Here’s what you need to know:
- My brother was in town (though miraculously he avoided all of my pictures) and he makes everything more fun.
- Sweet tea parties are more fun when you make custom Firefly Sweet Tea Vodka cocktails for everyone.
- Little favors (tea bag and sweetener) go a long way
- Babies make parties hilarious.
- There is nothing better than singing happy birthday extremely loudly and watching someone you love blow out the candles.
- Spring is finally here and it makes me so very glad.
- I drove about 3 miles with more balloons in my car than should reasonably fit but I made it.
- Grandpa takes the most hilarious pictures (hiding behind napkins and making faces).
- It rained on Saturday but we played lawn games on Sunday instead.
- I really love my friends and family.
- Sometimes mom and I like to be tourists in our own city, so we did just that after we dropped of Kevin at the bus.
- Miemo’s macarons were the most delicious Mother’s Day present. My mom went nuts over the lemon flavor!