When I was doing my farm share, I had several weeks where I received these weird little tomatoes. After some google-imaging I learned that they are in fact not tomatoes but tomatillos. A new food to try! While I was pumped to taste them (I learned they are generally used in green salsa) I had no idea how to cook with them.
Crock Pot Tomatillo Chicken
15 tomatillos, fresh, shucked and quartered (I used 30)
6 garlic cloves roughly chopped
2 cups chicken broth (you can use less, mine was more soup)
2 tablespoons dried oregano (or throw in any spices you like)
2 pounds chicken breast
1. Place the chicken and the broth in the crock pot on the bottom.
2. Throw in all the other ingredients.
3. Put the lid on and cook on high for 3 hours.
4. Pull out the chicken and shred with two forks.
5. Put the chicken back in, stir, and cook for another hour.