Well, it’s been a few months since my last Throw Away 13 Things post, but I’m more than making up for it this month.
This month, my favorite month, I’m giving away 13 MILLION things. Ok, I’m giving away 57 things but the cool part is that they went directly to a girls orphanage in Peru at which I’ve volunteered at twice through CBC.
When I was cleaning out my closet with the girls in mind, it was easy to just say, “They will love this more than I do,” with an open heart.
Here’s what was donated:
- Costume hat for a work event
- Cubs t-shirt
- Silk polka dot pjs
- Toms bag
- Little Teddy
- Sweatpants (these were my brothers and I love them but it was time)
- Coin purse
- PJ pants (worn on both volunteer trips to Peru)
- Cell phone charger
- My first smart phone
- Screen protectors
- Black dress
- NYC sweatshirt. It’s a kid’s sweatshirt I bought on the street’s of New York for $5 when I was in high school and still in love with it. I wore this sweatshirt for YEARS. It looks like Flashdance on me. And it makes me really happy. But it is also not age-appropriate anymore. So I’m sending it to some little girls who will love it because it says New York.
- Leopard dress
- Hawaiian dress (loved this guy… not so age appropriate anymore though)
- Gold dress
- Prop shirt used for my karaoke team to look like Taylor Swift in this video
- Race shirt. Great to sleep in. Takes up too much room… onward!
- Sleep shirt
- NU Sailgate t-shirt (ohhhhh the memories with KJ)
- Extra shirt from making Peter’s moustache shirts when he came back from deployment
- Kennedy Center Opera in the Outfield T-shirt
- White tee
- Purple tee
- Karaoke Season 1 t-shirt (see #17)
- Lululemon tennis skirt that doesn’t fit. I don’t think it ever fit. Plus, why did I think it was ever a good idea to exercise in a skirt?!
- Long shorts wore to Peru on trip 1
30-41. Tank Tops. A few notes: these all still fit me, but I have too many of them. And the girls at the orphanage have barely enough clothing. ‘Nuff said. Except that #39 I wore in the one professional play I did before I started working for the man. 🙂