These are not healthy. They are delicious. Enjoy!
CHOCOLATE OATMEAL BARS!!!! (original recipe)
- 2 sticks butter that’s soft
- 2 cups light brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup milk
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. ground cinnamon
- 3 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- For the filling:
- 1 (14 oz) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 standard size bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line baking pans with parchment paper. It’s fine if it hangs over. s
- In a bowl, add flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon. Mix it up.
- Use an electric mixer to cream together butter and sugar for until light and fluffy. Then add in the eggs and vanilla extract and beat for 2 more minutes. Pour the milk in and beat until incorporated.
- Add in the dry ingredients a bit at a time beating them on low. Add the rolled oats with care.
- In a pot over low heat add the filling ingredients. Stir as it melts and mix together.
- Spread about 2/3 of the cookie mixture in the bottom of the baking pan. I obviously had to use two smaller pans since I didn’t have a 9 x 13. I eyeballed it, but I thought there was too much oatmeal to chocolate. I’d use the 9 x 13 pan.
- Then take the chocolate mixture and pour it over top of the cookie mixture. Take the remaining cookie mixture and drop it in small dough balls over the chocolate mixture. The balls can be spread out, but at least mash them down a bit. Mine didn’t really spread evenly.
- Bake for 25 minutes and cool overnight before cutting them up!
Yep. I put chocolate on my teeth to make them look like they are missing. As often as possible. It makes me so happy. Don’t ask me why.