Josh had a bunch of overly ripe bananas sooooo I took it upon myself to waste not want not and made the best Paleo Banana muffins ever.
After stalking all of her amazing recipes I really need to get a crock pot and an ice cream maker. I’m adding it to my wish list!
Paleo Chocolate Banana Muffins
- 3 bananas
- 5 dates, pitted
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup coconut flour
- ⅛ cup honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- ½ cup dark chocolate chips, melted
- 1 teaspoons ground coffee
- coarse sea salt (to top muffins-optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Blend bananas, honey, and dates in a food processor. Should be smooth-ish.
- Add the remaining ingredients (minus the melted chips and coffee) to the food processor and blend until it’s a batter consistency.
- Pour the batter evenly into 12 cupcake tins in your cupcake pan.
- Bake for about 20 minutes (or until your toothpick comes out clean).
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl. (I did this in the microwave. Warning: it will burn. Put it in for 15 seconds and then take it out and stir. I repeated this 4 times for a total of 1 minutes.)
- Using a small spoon, dollop the melted chocolate onto each muffin.
- Top with coarse Real Salt if desired. (I did. Yummo!)
Makes 12 muffins of goodness.