So for dinner last Thursday I created my own recipe to make the most delicious (yes they are weird looking but they taste GREAT!) paleo turkey meatballs. I’m doing really well on my 30 Day Paleo Challenge so far. Yes, you’re right, I’m only on Day 6, but who is counting? 🙂
I served them for myself with kale (that I sauteed in the same pan after the turkey balls to get their flavor) and salted avocado (seriously the best).
They meatballs were so hearty that I couldn’t even eat all 5! I was full. I’ve been snacking on them ever since as a snack before going out, or yesterday before Allison’s bridal shower and they are the perfect, protein-packed snack. I’m seriously into them.
Hearty Turkey Meatballs (Paleo)
- Handful of chopped mushrooms
- Handful of chopped carrots
- 1/3 White Onion, chopped
- 6 Sage leaves, pulled apart into small pieces
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 lb ground turkey meat
- Dash olive oil
- Dash cumin
- Dash Real Salt
- Dash pepper
- Dash Turmeric
- Place all ingredients into a large bowl
- Mix them together with your hands because it’s gross and fun. If you are grossed out you can use a spoon but I don’t think it works as well
- Pour some olive oil into a large pan
- Turn on high heat
- Form little balls with the turkey mixture and place into the olive oil pan
- Cook on high for roughly 10-15 minutes or until browned on all edges and cooked through (I cut one in half to make sure)
Makes about 20-25 meat balls.
I will say that I made about 20 turkey balls and then got tired. So I decided to put the rest into a little loaf pan and bake it at 350 for 20 minutes. Perfecto! Now I have meatloaf for tonight. 🙂