Honestly, this recipe made my night. What a delish option for dessert and it’s Paleo friendly. Amaze!
I was looking for something sweet and stumbled upon Juli of PaleOMG. She is my new favorite person even though she has no idea who I am.
I started making these blueberry chocolate chip paleo cookies because I happened to have all of the ingredients.
They looked a little like poop coming out of the oven, I’m not gonna lie, but they were really tasty!
I stored them in saran wrap in a cookie tin and they were just as good for lunch today!
Make your own with this recipe from Juli.
Paleo Blueberry Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups blueberries
- 1 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons walnut oil (or almond or coconut, etc.)
- 1.5 cup almond flour
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 egg, whisked
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- pinch of salt
- coconut crystals, to top (optional)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Boil the blueberries over medium heat stirring frequently. I added a spash of water to mine as they were a little sizzly to start.
- Blend walnuts in your food processor until they are very finely chopped. Add the coconut oil to the food processor and mix to make walnut butter.
- Add the blueberries to the food processer and mix until they are fully combined with the walnut butter.
- Pour the batter into a bowl, add the other ingredients, and mix.
- Dollop small spoonfulls of dough onto a non-stick cookie sheet and garnish with unsweetened shredded coconut if you feel like it.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Important: let the cookies cool after you take them out. I tried to take mine off of my cookie sheet too quickly and some got smushed. So I obviously ate them. 🙂
Serves: Several (Makes about 20 cookies.)
Now go make some healthy chocolate goodness!